All of this talk sparked my interest in it again. While I heard stories about a friend of a friend who met her soulmate online, my personal experiences left much to be desired. Recently I thought about trying Christian Mingle, but I figured with my luck I'd probably end up on a date with a cult leader.
During my last therapeutic massage, my masseuse said that she tried Christian Mingle and found her guy within a month! She eased my hesitation, and I decided to give it a shot. So far the shenanigans have been minimal. However, that doesn't mean they're non-existent. For your reading enjoyment I present these lovely online oddities:
- Crazyeyez - yup, let's put this in the list of DONT'S for your screen name. He was, in fact, making crazy eyes in his profile pic.
- Don Juan - he actually looked more like Don King.
- Exploding Pancake - that just about sums it up!
- Gray hair, don't care - this guy's profile says he's 35, but his mature features and salt & pepper coiffure say otherwise
- One guy's introduction read, "like a fragile crystal glass in my hands I want to treat you with care." Wait, what???
- Another boldly stated "at 13 at a Christian school camp was when I personally accepted Jim as my Lord and Savior". Freudian slip?
In all fairness, I chatted with a few nice guys. They seem pretty normal. Nonetheless, if there's ever any mention of a "sacrificial lamb", I'm out.
What is your take on online dating? My comment box is hungry (kind of like Exploding Pancake up there).